Hi everyone,
what I'm trying to do is to populate a listbox in my install with a set of
name-value pairs - so that when a user selects a name in the listbox, the
listbox property is set to the value corresponding to that name.

I know this can be done with something like:
<Control Id="FilledListbox" Type="ListBox" Sorted="yes"
Property="LISTBOXVALUES" X="10" Y="79" Width="200" Height="52">
   <ListBox Property="LISTBOXVALUES" />
      <ListItem Text="This is listitem1" Value="LI1" />
      <ListItem Text="This is listitem2" Value="LI2" />
   </ListBox>
</Control>

If this exists when the user selects "This is listitem1" the value of
LISTBOXVALUES becomes LI1, similarly for the second item.

The problem is these pairs won't be known until install-time since they will
be machine dependent. For this reason I'm using a custom action to search
through the registry and populate the listbox.

However I can't seem to get the desired behavior when I use a custom action.
The listbox is populated but the value of LISTBOXVALUES becomes whatever is
displayed in the listbox. My thoughts are that I'm not adding with the
correct function/parameters.

Having modeled my CA from the tutorial on
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson10.php I'm using lines in the vein of:
WcaAddTempRecord(hTable, hColumns, L"ListBox", 0, 3, L"LISTBOXVALUES", 1,
L"Item 1");
and  I'm using the wcautil.lib. I haven't been able to find any
documentation for it so that's why I reckon I'm either calling the wrong
function or passing the wrong parameters.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, Lex