I have encountered a problem adding some assemblies to the GAC.

The assembly I'm trying to add is wrapper to a COM object.

When I just use TLBIMP it works fine.

However I added versioning by:

Using ildasm.exe to disassemble

Then appending a resource file and using ilasm.exe to re assemble.

However now when I use the installer the assemblies aren't found unless
they are manually added to the GAC using GACUtil.

One change I have noticed is that in the assembly it now notes the
processor architecture as msil. However even when adding this
"ProcessorArchitecture="msil"" into the component it isn't gac'ed
properly.

Here is my component:

<Directory Id="GAC_ComponentsDir" Name="GAC"
LongName="GlobalAssemblyCache"
FileSource='$(var.SOURCEPATH_COMPONENTS)'>

<Component Id="GAC_ ASSEMBLY "
Guid="2CD36A99-7041-4fc2-A25F-50F02B36E042">

<File Id="ASSEMBLY_DLL" Name="ASSEMB_2.DLL" Vital="yes" LongName="
ASSEMBLY.dll"

                        KeyPath="yes" Assembly=".net" DiskId="1" />

</Component>

Any body have any I idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike