From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bernd
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:47 AM
To: Emilien Bertin; WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Msi inside msi ?

thats not correct!

you dont need the external exe.

with custom action type 7/23/39 you can nest a msi.

Emilien Bertin wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation Bob.
> So I have to drop this "msi in msi" solution because I want to deliver a
> msi, not an external .exe
>
> Do you have an other idea ? At least I would like the big part to be an
> msi, and the small one could be a zip or something.
>

> Bob Arnson a écrit :
>
>> Emilien Bertin wrote:
>>
>>> So I want the big msi to install the 2 msi. I employ the CustomAction
>>> type 50 (with "[SystemFolder]msiexec" and "/quiet /i
>>> path_to_small_msi" ). But it seems impossible to install two msi in
>>> the same time.
>>>
>> That's correct. You need to use an external .exe bootstrapper.

* C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y N O T I C E *
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its
content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. Quixote Traffic
Corporation is neither liable for the contents, nor for the proper, complete
and timely transmission of (the information contained in) this communication.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author by
replying to this e-mail immediately and delete the material from any computer.