Hello all-

I'm getting occasional (and increasingly frustrating) issues with IIS Web
Site/applications and IIS Application Pools in IIS when using a WiX 3.0 Created
MSI package where the sites/app pools are getting installed on the wrong level
of the metabase then not uninstalling properly, causing reinstalls/upgrades to
fail. (installing to a Windows 2003 Server x64bit running IIS 6.0)

Example (using adsutil ENUM /p W3SVC/3):

IIS Metabase (Correct)-

W3SVC/3/Root
W3SVC/3/Filters

IIS Metabase (Incorrect)-

W3SVC/3/Root
W3SVC/3/Filters
W3SVC/3/W3SVC

When I look under the last path ( adsutil ENUM /p W3SVC/3/W3SVC) it is showing

W3SVC/3/w3svc/3

Because of this, it is not fully uninstalling the site when the MSI is getting
uninstalled.
I had the same issue with App Pools in IIS to the point where I took that part
out of the WiX MSI and separated it into a C# application. I don't want to do
that with the website because if I do, at that point, the MSI will just be a
glorified xCopy.

Any help will be appreciated.  Code snippet (with names slightly changed) is
provided below.

Thanks
Pierson

      <Fragment>

            <!-- Web Service Username/Password -->
            <util:User Id="ProgramWebServiceUser"
Name="[PROGRAMSERVICE_USERNAME]" Password="[PROGRAMSERVICE_PASSWORD]" />

            <!-- Components and Directory Definitions -->
            <!-- Web Directory Properties (same for all the sites) -->
            <iis:WebDirProperties Id="WebAppProperties" AnonymousAccess="no"
WindowsAuthentication="yes" AccessSSL="yes" Execute="yes" Read="yes"
DefaultDocuments="Default.aspx" Script="yes" />

            <!-- Root Directory -->
            <DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">
                  <Component Id="ProgramWebSiteComponent"   Guid="{<GUID
HERE>}">
                        <!-- Web Settings -->
                        <iis:WebSite Id="ProgramWebSite" Description="Program
Website - [PROGRAMWEBSITE_STANDARD_PORT]/[PROGRAMWEBSITE_SECURE_PORT]"
Directory="WebDir" DirProperties="WebAppProperties" >
                              <iis:WebAddress
Id="ProgramWebSiteAddress_Standard" Port="[PROGRAMWEBSITE_STANDARD_PORT]"
Secure="no" />
                              <iis:WebAddress Id="ProgramWebSiteAddress_Secure"
Port="[PROGRAMWEBSITE_SECURE_PORT]" Secure="yes" />
                        </iis:WebSite>
                  </Component>
            </DirectoryRef>

            <DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">
                  <Component  Id="WebServiceConfigComponent"   Guid="{<GUID
HERE>}">}">
                        <iis:WebServiceExtension Id="ASP.NET2.0" Allow="yes"
File="%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll"
Description="ASP.NET v2.0.50727" UIDeletable="no" />
                  </Component>
            </DirectoryRef>

            <!-- Assigning all the components for the UI to a single Component
Group-->
            <ComponentGroup Id="WebSite">
                  <!-- Web site components-->
                  <ComponentRef Id="ProgramWebSiteComponent" />
                  <ComponentRef Id="WebServiceConfigComponent"/>
            </ComponentGroup>
      </Fragment>