Well, then what do you think, why is there a ServiceControl element with
start on install functionality? Should not it be completely removed to
prevent people from thinking that they can accomplish it with MSI/WiX? It
seems to me like people just simply need more than the current features.

Otherwise OK, it would be sometimes better to see the great picture. But it
is a nature of the human mind that it tries to narrow the problem to a final
barrier which is perhaps/seemingly easy to resolve. And if the resoultion
doesn't come, then it can be asked in a short mail, without forcing readers
to read more than required. It is not a fault - it is a try.