Got answers to these.  Would be interested if anyone already has a command line
utility wrapping MsiRemovePatches api that allows cmd.exe scripted removal of
patches.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert O'Brien
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:02 AM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: [WiX-users] some final points for clarification on the whole v1.0 to
v1.1 msp patch upgrade [ or a v1.0 to v1.1 msi upgrade ] process

1.   when I run a v1.0 to v1.1 msp patch upgrade [ or a v1.0 to v1.1 msi
upgrade ] am I expected to include the additional public property settings that
were needed/used when I ran the original v1.0 deployment, e.g. INSTALLDIR,
DATABASESHOSTNAME, DATABASESDOMAINLOGINGROUPNAME, etc.?

2.   is there a programmatic way for removing a patch versus having to go into
the addRmv Programs | view installed updates listing, e.g. msiexec /x ...?
I'm trying to script the automated deployment of a patch and want to also
include the command that undeploy's it.   The primary reason I wanted to get
v1.0 to v1.1 msp patch upgrading working is to get the service release rollback
support versus the v1.0 to v1.1 msi upgrade process that has no rollback story.

3.  I have a customaction that I need to execute after the v1.0 to v1.1 msp
patch upgrade (Installed And PATCH) [ or v1.0 to v1.1 msi upgrade
(UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) ] processing completes...is it recommended that I just
schedule an installexecutesequence entry for that customaction that is
conditioned to run if the noted property evaluations are true?