From: Stefan Kuhr [mailto:kustt...@gmx.li]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:06 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Files missing after major update - what am I doing
wrong?

Hi Blair,

I did some more investigation and reading archived posts to this group.
Until now I had RemoveExistingProducts scheduled before InstallInitialize in
all my installs. If I now schedule it after InstallFinalize, everything
seems to work. Is this the way to go? Is there any downside to schedule
RemoveExistingProducts after InstallFinalize? Can I do this for every
install? I mean, all my installations up to now had RemoveExistingProducts
scheduled before InstallInitialize, are there any "types" of installs
(whatever that is) that should not schedule RemoveExistingProducts after
InstallFinalize? E.g. installs that install services or some other sort of
unusual installs? What can break if I schedule RemoveExistingProducts after
InstallFinalize?

Any advice appreciated,

--
Stefan Kuhr