From: gapearce [mailto:mr_gapea...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:51 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Starting a service conditionally after
InstallInitialize

Hello group -

I'm still a NOOB and I'm trying to start a service conditionally after
everyting is installed, and I modified the "ExitDialog" for WiX to show a
check box which sets the value for LAUNCHAPPONEXIT to 1 if the user checked
the checkbox.

This almost works, except I get this message in the msi log when executing
the setup, which causes the setup to fail:

CAQuietExec:  The service name is invalid.
CAQuietExec:
CAQuietExec:  More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.
CAQuietExec:
CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070002: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070002: CAQuietExec Failed

I'm sure that the service name is ok, so maybe it isn't "known" at this
point in the install process?

Here's to code that executes that:

    <Property Id="QtExecDeferred" Value="&quot;Net&quot; start
&quot;MyService&quot;"/>
    <CustomAction Id="QtExecDeferred" BinaryKey="WixCA"
DllEntry="CAQuietExec" Execute="deferred" Return="check" />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom After="InstallInitialize"
Action="QtExecDeferred">LAUNCHAPPONEXIT</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

As usual, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, GAP