I have developed Wix installers in the past using the minor upgrade
route but have recently changed to major upgrades to allow for easy
double click upgrades. A couple reasons we wanted to do this was:

  1) Preserve existing configuration files
  2) Preserve login and recovery options for our Windows Services

My question is for those that have moved to Continuous Integration.
With that model in place is it best to do a complete uninstall then
install as if it's a fresh without preserving any configuration
settings or can the upgrade model work along side the Continuous
Integration model? If using an upgrade model is still a good idea then
is a Major Upgrade preferred to the Minor Upgrade? As of this time we
are planning on using Go for our CI tool. Thanks for your help!