From: "Jeff McCune" <j...@puppetlabs.com>

Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:45 PM

To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Subject: [WiX-users] How to downcase a public property?

Hi,

I'm running into a problem where I need to configure my application

with something resembling the computer name.

I'm currently doing this using the remember property pattern.

Here's the code [1] where I'm setting the public property to the

default value of [ComputerName]

This works well and I'm writing this value to the configuration file

just fine but our application needs this configuration setting to be

all lower case.  How should I manipulate the string to be lower case?

I started to look at a JScript custom action but I've decided to heed

Rob's dire warnings [2] against using such scripts because I'd like to

play nice with antivirus software.

[1]
https://github.com/jeffmccune/puppet_for_the_win/blob/96df962532addef2efb398
4e0c738ab4078c3914/wix/puppet.wxs#L187