Up until now I have been able to merge VC90 merge modules of both x86 and x64
varieties into the same package without any problem. Now that we've moved on
to Visual Studio 2010 for our applications, I must similarly update my merge
module inclusions. If I attempt to merge just the x86 versions, I get a
perfectly working MSI out of it. If I attempt to merge just the x64
versions, I get a perfectly working MSI. If I attempt to merge both I get
the following error.

light.exe : error LGHT0001 : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a
call to a COM component.
Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.IMsmMerge2.Merge(String feature,
String directory)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Binder.MergeModules(String
databasePath, Output output)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Binder.Bind(Output output)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Tools.Light.Run(String[] args)

Has anyone successfully included both?

Cheers, G