On 18-May-12 11:32, Gareth wrote:
> But you can install 64-bit dlls withoin a 32-bit package - they're just
> files.
Not if they're marked as a 64-bit component that goes into a 64-bit part
of the file system. Then they're "special."

> then how can a 64-bit operating system interogate a bespoke file format in
> order to draw a thumbnail preview when it is installed as part of a 32-bit
> package?
It can't. That requires a 64-bit package, as I said. The rules are that
a 32-bit package can contain only 32-bit components but a 64-bit package
can contain both 64-bit and 32-bit components.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/