There is a bug open that the solution builds don't work quite right (
http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/2993/). My understanding is that this is
an issue with MPF provided by Visual Studio and no one has tracked down how
to fix it in Votive. Your issue sounds like it might be related.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM, john.burak <john.bu...@telvent.com> wrote:

> The original issue was that we wanted to specify which configuration builds
> by default after launching the IDE with no preexisting .suo file.  Turns
> out
> this is dictated by the names of the configurations in the solution.

virtually,

   Rob Mensching
   http://RobMensching.com LLC