From: Peter Hull [mailto:peterhul...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 04 October 2012 12:33
To: WiX Users
Subject: [WiX-users] Question about Properties and Custom Actions

I'd just like a bit of advice/clarification on property types and CAs. If I
write a CA to fetch a folder location from the OS (to be used like
'ProgramFilesFolder') then I need to set a property (correct?) If I use a
private property I have to give it a 'default' value which is overwritten by
the CA - but then I always get ICE48. So do I have to use a secure public
property? This seems OK but I'm not sure (despite having read the docs!) I
understand the nuances of secure public properties vs. private properties
when it comes to elevated installs - could someone please explain it in a
sentence or two?

Thanks
Pete
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.