From: tom [mailto:tomer.d...@intergraph.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:29 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] I have heard that MSI is too complicated from a
programmer's prospective

I would argue that developing MSI with wix is a little bit more complicated
than developing in c# or other scripting language at the beginning, because
programmers which use to tell the compiler "How  to do" things now need to use
declarative language and tell the compiler "What to do"

Some programmers feel that this is somewhat limiting their options I guess,
This is obviously true but also has advantage...let Microsoft worry that it
will work

Moving from IS to Wix, my first task was to get rid of all install scripts and
custom logic, and move anything I can into Windows installer tables

You learn to love windows installer; it is like playing with Lego, when you put
in place all the parts
(Mostly) everything works great,

and Wix? Well…"Wix is love"

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Box)