 From: "Katherine Moss" <katherine.m...@gordon.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:46 PM
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
(wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net)" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] I have heard that MSI is too complicated from a
programmer's prospective

Hi guys,
Since I am just learning to be a .NET C# programmer, can somebody shed
light on why using WiX over something like Inno would be more complicated
and why programmers are often less compelled to use WiX? I'm asking this
because my friend has got a project he's working on where the main
programmer is insistent on using Inno instead of WiX. It's bothering me
because if my friend wants his product to be more administrator-friendly
and compatible with group policy, doesn't he need to be using MSI
technologies? I mean, he wants that administrative/ease-of-deployment
across multiple servers/workstations edge, but is he going to get it using
Inno? And if not, then what can I say to these people to help dispel the
supposed "complications" of Windows Installer? Thanks.