I know this may be covering the same ground as previous discussions, but I just
had the legal team of my company look at the license that is shipped with the
WIX 3.6 tool set.

According to the way the license reads you must ship the source for DTF along
with every installation that uses this part of WIX.  The part of the license
that states this is as follows:

3. Conditions and Limitations
 (A) Reciprocal Grants- For any file you distribute that contains code from the
software (in source code or binary format), you must provide recipients the
source code to that file along with a copy of this license, which license will
govern that file. You may license other files that are entirely your own work
and do not contain code from the software under any terms you choose.

Even though the DTF assemblies are embedded in the installation, they are
technically shipped to customers thus making this clause active.  This means
that we have to include with our products the source code for DFT or any other
WIX assembly you may use.  If the phrase "in source code or binary format" was
just "in source code" then this would not be required.

Does anyone have anyone have any other insight into this requirement?  How are
some of other companies handling this?

Thank you,

Mat Skildum
Sr. Principal Engineer