Hi Rob,

I'm pretty certain it is the installer logging what the custom action is
doing. I ran the installer in verbose mode and noticed the password and
server parameters were not being displayed in plain text.
 MSI (c) (A8:F8) [09:58:01:363]: Command Line: USERNAME=sa
PASSWORD=********** SERVER=**********
Then when my custom action is called it is logging sql connection string in
plain text.
Begin DatabaseCA
Connecton String: Data Source=source;Packet Size=4096;Uid=sqluser;Pwd=
mypassword