Placing the WiXBalExtentionExt.dll file into my WiX 3.7 bin folder did not
make a difference. So was there anything else you had to do or did to make
this work?

Can both 3.7 and 3.8 reside on the machine at the same time? If as you said
that 3.8 already has the fix in it then I was thinking of installing 3.8 on
my main machine to test and verify if it works without changing anything in
my Burn wrapper code.

If it does then I'll make the suggestion to our group to upgrade to 3.8 when
we can, but if it does not simply work out of the box then I'll have to do
more research before I can make the suggestion to upgrade to 3.8.

Tim.