Blair

From: Levi Wilson
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎January‎ ‎23‎, ‎2014 ‎6‎:‎37‎ ‎AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.

Being out of the WiX installer world for a handful of years, I was used to
writing all of my custom actions in C++. Getting back into this I noticed
that it is now acceptable to write them in C# and the DTF.

That being said, I have a custom action that is currently written in C++
that checks for the existence of a database as well as to verify if a
particular table exists. For that, I am using the sqlutil.lib to make that
easier. In C# custom actions, is there an equivalent or do most people just
use SqlConnection / SqlCommand out of the .NET framework?

Apologies if this is an obvious question, I just didn't want to re-invent
the wheel if WiX had a helper library to assist with this. I didn't see any
SQL related classes in DTF.

Thanks in advance,

Levi