There are a couple issues, but You'd need to test them to be certain:

1. 56 MB may be too big to handle efficiently, although I've seen
posts from fellow readers with filesizes in the 500MB range.  To test
this, replace your actual package with a text file.  If the Text File
installs, we need to test all the files in the installer, one at a
time.  If the text file fails, check the log, and troubleshoot for 2.
2. You're correct on the Permissions Issue.  I have a hunch that one
of the files in your installer is being copied from a network
location, and the target machine either:
     A. Does not have access to the network location.
     B. Does not have permission to write to the %temp% Location,
where the files are extracted to before installing.

Carter