I need to copy an xml file on the User Document's folder and I need to change
some attribute of the elements inside the xml file based on user choices during
setup.If the user has the document's folder located on a network path the setup
fail as it can't locate the location.
I have made this inside the msi package:1) First try - I have installed the
file on the Document's folder and the modified it with the wix extension
XmlFile.this work for coping the file but fail to modify it as reported the
error that it can't find the file to modify2) Second try - I have installed the
file on a temp folder on local machine and the using the XmlFile extension
change the file and then I have copied it to the Document's folder using a
Custom Action (using the stream reader and writer to read and the write the new
file as using System.File.Copy report an error).This second way seem working
fine using the msi package, as it can install without problems even with users
that have the Document's folder located on a network path.
The problem now is with Burn:I have made a Burn exe package running the msi
package and now if I run the setup it report an error as it can't locate the
network path.
So where could be the problem? Wich are the differences running the single msi
and the Burn package?The runs with different users? (if it run with an
administrative user that is not the current user it could not see the nethwork
path where is located the document's folder for the current user)Or they runs
with differents priviledges? as the msi can copy the file with the stream
writer inside the custom action but running it insode Burn It can't find the
destination path for priviledges problems?
Thanks.