Not only do mapped drive letters belong to a user, but impersonated
custom actions do not load the user's profile, so trying to access
that user's documents folder from code will fail unless you arrange to
use the appropriate Windows Installer property, probably
AppDataFolder. In other words using SpecialFolder.ApplicationData in
an impersonated CA will likely fail, so pass the actual property into
the code for a chance at the right location.

The usual way to get around the drive letter issue is to use share
names, that will work assuming the installing user has access to the
network share and you're impersonating. As has been said, the
localsystem account has no network privileges.
Phil Wilson