I have certified one product at our company which uses the WiX installer
without issue, although it wasn't installing a service, just a program.

Could you also post your Product.wxs and any related files?  Also, are you
doinga x86 or x64 build?  Our product was build as x86 and certified on a
Windows 8.1 x64 machine.

One caveat with the certification tool is that I could not get it to run on
a Virtual Machine and complete successfully.  Have you tried doing the
certification on a different machine and/or different Windows version?

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein