Hi All,

We have an installer that basically is trying to overwrite some files that is
on the host system. The files that are being overwritten were not installed by
the installer.
When I run my installer, all these files get overwritten. On one particular
machine, these files don't seem to be overwritten no matter what. Here is a log
entry for one of the files.

File: C:\Program Files\xxx \lib\xxx.jar;   Won't Overwrite;             Won't
patch;      Existing file is unversioned but modified

All the other machines where I have run the installer this is the log, where it
gets overwritten:

File: C:\Program Files \xx \lib\xxx.jar;     Overwrite;           Won't patch;
    Existing file is unversioned and unmodified - hash doesn't match source file

As per the MSI policy for overwriting files if they don't have versions is to
check for the modified dates. The file on system has a 2014 date and the file
from the installer has a 2015 date. The hashes don't match as the file content
has changed. So, why is the file not being replaced?

--Pavan

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer