I'm not sure which trivial feature of an installer might be missing,
but a common cause of the issue is a readonly desktop.ini file, and I
suspect the most likely reason for that is that some tool/app or
policy is doing folder customisation using desktop.ini and
unnecessarily marking it readonly.
Phil Wilson