I don't do patches. Nobody does patches for this platform - it isn't worth
the effort.

The MSIs aren't installed interactively - ever. Strictly Microsoft system
management tools and our own home-grown extensions. We have the worst case
of "NIH" syndrome ever.

Thanks for the feedback, mostly just wanted a sanity check from someone
more experienced with this stuff that there's really nothing to be done. :)