In this second thread I will try describe how this crisis is making
evolve the global society and economy, what I have called here several
times the new civilization. In particular the three different sort of
roles or functions that will lead each country.

Previously, I have to pay a few words to describe the current
situation. "The current crisis marked the end of the American
lifestyle and the end of Asia's growth model" (*).

Reshaping the two main elements of any economy financial system and
economic structure. Both, the global financial system and the global
economic structure are reshaping.

Regarding the global economic structure, along the past three
centuries the global economic structure has been divided into
developed and developing economies. Developing economies have supplied
commodities and cheap work-force in form of migrant workers to
developed economies, and also cheap goods along the past 20 or 30
years. In return, developed economies (USA, Europe and later Japan)
had the responsibility to supply ways to improve the efficiency of
developing economies in form of expertise, know-how, technology, etc.
Somehow, great innovations in technology, expertise and know-how is
what had made the humankind as a whole to walk ahead along the
maturity path. Each individual society has walked ahead as much as it
has adopted those new technologies, know-how, precedures, etc. Three
centuries ago was expertise on how to use coal as source of energy,
electricity, transportation (railway), etc. 60 years ago know-how and
technologies about oil reshaped that society, 30 years ago information
and communication technologies, etc. And it ended up there. And
therefore, Asian export model is dead as much as American-European
consumption model is dead.

Regarding the financial system, until WW2 each metropolis and its
colonies shared each particular metropolitan curency, since WW2 the US
dollar had that mission globally. It is clear that US dollar cannot
play that role much longer (**). Other currencies are playing that de
facto role depending on their main-client-economy, I mean depending on
the country which supports the higher weight of trade. For Eastern
Europe, the de facto standard currency is the Euro, for Central Asia
in the Russian ruble, for the ASEAN starts to be the Chinese yuan,
etc.

I told several times that we have to expect economic and social blocs
or regions. Both Malaysia and Australia will be into the same bloc. In
fact, they both are already in the same bloc. I will describe that in
my next message in this thread.

Peace and best wishes.

Xi

(*) http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-03/24/content_11065965.htm