I agree dolphins and whales are beautiful animals but are they
conscience of their existence?
If they were intelligent as we like to believe that they are then
would have they developed a strategy to recognize and out smart a
whaling ship?  All they have to do is dive deep and in the opposite
direction of a hunting ship.  Whales can easily out maneuver a ship in
the water.  How come they do not do that?