My comment: In particular in Eastern Asia two facts to keep in mind.

First of all euphoria. Manufacturing in China grew at record since
2004. Expectations are that we will hve a better 2010 than 2009.
Consumer Confidence Index returns to peaks after a difficult 2009. As
usual Viet Nam at top with 90.0 out of 100. Still aboe 85 follow China
(85.3) and some countries in the Gulf above 85: Qatar (89.2), U.A.E.
(86.1).

"Consumers in China are more confident about the next six months than
they were six months ago (60.8) and a year ago (76.6). This is
significantly higher than the Asia/Pacific region average (66.3).

Overall optimistic sentiments amongst Chinese consumers towards the
Economy (92.5 vs. 66.0), Quality of Life (92.4 vs. 75.6), Regular
Income (87.5 vs. 56.3), Employment (79.8 vs. 53.1) and the Stock
Market (53.3 vs. 62.7) have improved from six months ago.

Chinese first tier cities, Beijing (85.9 vs. 57.1), Shanghai (86.7 vs.
57.9) and Guangzhou (86.1 vs. 66.3) have experienced an increase in
consumer confidence compared to six months ago."

http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/newsroom/pr_consumer_confidence.html

Second fact to keep in mind: after the hardworking year of the Ox, the
year of the Tiger starts on February 14th. Our hard work in 2009 will
bright in 2010. Year of splendor, generosity delivering fruits of our
work will make us loved and will allow us take advantage of
opportunities around.

"The Tiger has an overpowering attraction and is very kind and always
takes on the character as protector. The Tiger flourishes by power and
attention and takes advantage of all circumstances it gets itself
into."

http://www.yearofthetiger.net/

But attention, the tiger is one of the unpredictible signs. Although
extraodinarily smart, the Tiger can be victim to its own exhuberant
desires. High failures happen during the Tiger.

If our Ox worked hard enough, next year can be an extraordinary year
if we control our exhuberance while we behave as a true tiger:
generosity, openness to others, smart enough to gather fruits around,
etc.

:)

Peace and best wishes.

Xi