One thing I would recommend is that the "Widgets" page finally become a top-level navigation item, like it should be. Widgets are definitely on the same level as Posts, Pages, Comments, etc. Widgets contain vital pieces of blog/web site data.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Bryan Harley <[email protected]>wrote: > Looks great!!! We can finally drag widgets in between sidebars easily and > efficiently again! Thank you. > > > > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Paleo Pat <[email protected]> wrote: > >> All works here... so far, there's an error, believe me, you'll know about >> it. ;-P >> >> (warning the following might have wordy derd or two, or as it is commonly >> known as, a swear word or two in it...) >> >> In an sorta related, and sorta not item. I have hosting with site5.com. >> They're doing server upgrades, and anyways, I did the update to the latest >> build and I notice the new widget layout. Anyways, I wanted to add a >> little >> square banner to my Blog, and so, I went and snagged the code, and was >> going >> to add it to a preexisting widget. So, I pasted said code and hit save and >> I >> see the swirl, going around and around and around... and I'm thinking >> "Uh-oh...." and I hit refresh, and sure enough, dead flippin' server, no >> response, I let out a very long drawn out "ooooohhh Fuuuuuuck....." and >> went >> over to tech support and started the process of finding out what exactly >> happened, and what I broke. >> >> Well, believe it or not, It wasn't me. They were doing server upgrades an >> guess who's got done first... Mine. When the support tech guy told me >> that, >> I nearly died laughing, I would have loved to been the fly on the wall >> during that tech support meeting! "Yeah, let's do the server that the >> asshole political blogger is on FIRST, he's very picky and the minute the >> server goes down, he is on us like a mad man!" LOL! Anyhow, the server was >> back up in like 5 minutes. I was able to add my code without any trouble >> at >> all. >> >> It might not be as funny to you guys, but for me, it was the best laugh >> I'd >> had in a while. You know you're important when they upgrade your server >> first! LOL! >> >> -Paleo Pat >> http://www.politicalbyline.com >> >> >> >> >> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Andrew Ozz <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> > Does everything on the widgets page work as expected? Anything that >> feels >> > awkward/hard to use? Any widgets that fail to save or bring js errors? >> > >> > It's all AJAX-ified and all sidebars (including the Available Widgets >> area) >> > can be folded to make it easier to use on smaller screens. The Inactive >> > Widgets area is for storing widgets that are configured but not in any >> > sidebar at the moment. Also when changing themes if the new theme has >> less >> > sidebars than the old one, all widgets from the extra sidebar(s) are >> moved >> > to Inactive. >> > >> > Dan Milward wrote: >> > >> >> I agree it looks very nice. >> >> >> > >> > The look isn't fully completed yet. Hopefully it will look even nicer :) >> > >> > Does anybody know if a more advanced widget management is coming for >> >> 2.8 launch? We'd like to contribute code to that - we reckon it is >> >> important to specify which pages/posts widgets display on... kinda >> >> like slayers but with better UI :P >> >> >> > >> > Don't think there will be any significant feature changes any more. We >> are >> > getting close to first beta for 2.8, not enough time left. Also the >> code/API >> > has to stay backwards compatible. >> > >> > Will probably revisit widgets for 2.9 when (hopefully) all widgets will >> be >> > using the new multi-widget class so we can streamline the API functions >> and >> > add features without breaking compatibility. >> > >> > On the other hand if you need more hooks, choose a good place that won't >> > limit future changes and open a ticket. In the worst case it will be >> left >> > for 2.9. >> > >> > >> > _______________________________________________ >> > wp-testers mailing list >> > [email protected] >> > http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers >> > >> _______________________________________________ >> wp-testers mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers >> > > _______________________________________________ wp-testers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers
