From: "Alan Sondheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <WRYTING-L@listserv.utoronto.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: sq*sq / A

The caves are infinite, the twisty passages long.
On our subways, the children of a thousand nations.
In our air, chemicals from a thousand bitter factories.
There is no misery, the economy of books is free.
Culture seeps through trees full of flocks of robins.
A lone heron graced the botanical gardens.
Like monk parakeets we fly above the rooftops.
Ouroboros sustains us, persephone among us.
Who can say we are not Han Shan?
Even Han Shan cannot say he is Han Shan.

( URLs/DVDs/CDroms/books/etc. see http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt )