I'm not sure if it was 45... I heard 40... but the really cool thing is that
his son, Yoshihito,
introduced him to Hijikatta.  Yoshihito was already with Hijikatta.

I saw a solo  performance by Yoshihito in Tokyo... the "Portrait of Dorian
Gray"... in 1998(?)
that he didn't move AT ALL after taking the stage... but over the 45 minutes
transformed his
emotional gesture facially throughout.  It was a truly inspired performance and
rather resonates
the portrait in your closet mIEKAL. I guess you'll be hanging it again.  Kazuo
Ohno TRULY
inspirational.

Sadly, I've really fallen out of touch with Japan since returning here in
2000... I wonder of
Kazuo-san?  He was at least 93 (when we met at his studio/home, near Yokohama)
though I saw him
perform 3 or four times earlier. Truly an amazing man.  VERY VERY beautiful.  I
was truly blessed
to arrive there completely on the wrong day...(trickster style to the maX) in
my confusion about
the meeting we'd arranged by phone the day before... for what turned out to be
a week early...
Without a BLINK they received me and I shared supper with his family...
spanning 4 generations.

D^