Polyester house?  I wonder if you mean Asbestokan... his studio... yes he
founded with a half
dozen others (in the 60's)... near the firestation in Meguro.

Like I say, I'm out of touch and perhaps it closed?  His wife Akiko Motofuji
kept it going and I
attended there MANY times.  In 1997 they had a HIjikatta film festival.. and
showed all his/their
films over the period of a month or so. Though I cant recall the Samurai one
you mention.... I'll
have a look at netflix and may recall... Sounds so like him.

Thanks, Lanny.

I really was blessed to see so close and know/meet so many in that form.
D^

d^Vizio