This may be a little off list, but here goes:

I'm building a CSS/XHTML site for a client. They have provided JavaScript
menu drop down code, which I have scaled back to the bare essentials:

http://www.davidmcdonald.dyndns.org:8844/DropDownMenu/menu.js

http://www.davidmcdonald.dyndns.org:8844/DropDownMenu/nav_example.asp

Things work OK in IE 6 if I use the transitional doctype with an XML
declaration: drop downs work fine.

However, in Mozilla, Opera etc the drop downs stay in the same position. If
I use a strict doctype same thing happens in IE 6.

The CSS is at:

http://www.davidmcdonald.dyndns.org:8844/styles/global.css
http://www.davidmcdonald.dyndns.org:8844/styles/menu.css

The dropdown divs are absolutely positioned inside a relative div named
#menudropdown. The JavaScript changes the display on the dropdown divs from
'none' to 'block' when needed. I am assuming that the 'block' display is the
culprit here?

Regards,

David McDonald
Web Designer