From an earlier post ('[WSG] relative positioning of nested lists') that sounds similar problem:

"The extra linebreak vanishes if you specify padding-bottom or border-bottom."

HTH.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Ellis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 2:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] IE whitespace issues

Hi all

I'm beating my head against a wall about this one... IE 5.5 and 6 is putting in some mystery whitespace (looks like about 8-10 pixels - "a line") after a horizontal navigation list. This hor. list has a nested list holding some text within it.

The UL tag is contained in a div - the bottom whitespace is in between the bottom of the ul and the bottom of the div.

This occurs when I set the width of the list to a fixed value (% or px). When I set to auto the issue disappears but then when I roll over a link in the list (<a>) the content block (a div) below the list moves down the page one line at a time!!! - no javascript involved :D

Has anyone seen or knows of a fix for this (I've tried everything I know.)

Cheers
James