Taco,

If you set the page up with content inside containers, you can do exactly as
you suggest, and hide entire containers including all of their content. For
example, rather than hide all the elements within a left nav, you could
simple do:

#leftnav { display: none;}

If you page is housed in a series of containers, you could quickly hide
entire sections with a few simple rules.
Russ