Title: ems for font sizes? (was "Absolute positioned DIVs IE bug?")

Hiya Hugh/all, re:

        >> Here's an almost totally em-based design,
        >> with a few graphic interlopers.
        >> http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hughtodd/test/

slightly aside to your questions ;-), but...

do you feel the the pro's of using em's (for font sizes)
outweigh the cons?

ie: the obvious major con being the massive jump
in font sizes when adjusting the
textsize > smallest/small/large/largest settings in IE?

I'm all for scaleable font sizes but the extreme ends
(massive and unreadably tiny) of the font settings scale
when using em's scare me a little in your example.
I'm genuinely interested if you or anyone else out
there have been 'round this roundabout before* (i'm positve
just about everyone has) and have decided that there are
bigger benefits to be gained by sticking with them (em's).
i have - i just couldnt find 'em

hey thats a joke - find em......sorry :)

pete

* particularly on a site that requires a really wide
range of font sizes - like a commercial shopping site
or something where remaining within the roughly safe
.85em - 1.15em zone *might* be very difficult
(just an example)