I have a question for you all, given that quite a few of you work for large,
CMS-type companies and the collective level of experience here is seemingly
very large:

How many of you have experienced working for companies/clients which
actively embrace the standards and protocols/working methods we discuss here
every day? It seems to me that very often dealing with clients and client
needs makes using standards to the fullest an impractical thing at best.

I'd like to know how many of you have experienced work-places where
standards are extremely important, and not just an afterthought in the
production process.

This is perhaps a little off-topic, but I think it's worth a discussion
because the PRACTICAL, real-world use of standards is surely of utmost
importance to us all.