Hi James,

Without my trusty toolkit handy, I can't answer why it is breaking, I
suspect it is probably a box-model issue as you say, but I do have a
suggestion that might fix the problems.

As you have a fixed-width layout, explicitly setting widths for both
columns and "float:left"ing the first column, changing
#containerProductUpdates to "float:right" instead of "margin-left:auto"
should make things simpler for the browser to nut out.

   #containerProductUpdates
       {
       float:right;
       /* margin-left:auto; */
       padding:0px;
       width:387px
       }

hth,
Ben

Only one week till the joint Web Standards Group / Macromedia User
Groups meeting at Star City and MXDU!
www.mxdu.com

James Gollan wrote:

The rendering problems are:

· in IE5 (Win) the top edges of the two columns are not even;

· In IE5.5 Win the spacing between the columns is too close;