Thanks in anticipation – I managed to get it working across all my target windows browsers. Now to move on to the mac – anyone want to have a look in a few Mac browsers and tell me the bad news? Go on -  it’ll be fun breaking another designers spirit ;)

BTW the working page is http://www.swamphen.com/testing/naturalgrocer/index4.html - it took some weird changes to a few padding and margin settings to please all the browsers – and I am still not sure why some things weren’t supported. Anyhoo

-----Original Message-----
From: James Gollan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Saturday, 14 February 2004 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] IE 5 position problems

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knew why this layout http://www.swamphen.com/testing/naturalgrocer/index3.html was breaking in IE5 (severe) and 5.5 (not so severe). I suspect it may be to do with the box model or a float bug, but can’t quite isolate it.

Any help much appreciated.

The rendering problems are:

·       in IE5 (Win) the top edges of the two columns are not even;

·       In IE5.5 Win the spacing between the columns is too close;

·       Haven’t even looked at the mac yet!

Works in IE6, N6, Firebird

Cheers

James