> still its not CSS2 then is it???
Yes it is.

> if its not controlled by the browser but rather external software..

A screen reader is a browser in a sense, actually user agent is more
acurracte I guess, but the point is they do read web pages.

> i was looking for the CSS code to play a WAV file.... anyone?
Barking up the wrong tree mate - you're going to need an external player for
that. I'd suggest Flash as the best option.

2 points:

+ Do you really need sound? IMHO "decorative" sound like background music on
web pages sucks. Remember those pages in the late ninties with midi loops?
<cringe/>

+ If you really need sound - don't have it play automatically. Make the user
click a play button or something. (Just a personal opinion).

Cheers

Mark

Mark Stanton
Technical Director