russ weakley wrote:

However, all of these image replacement methods have serious downsides that
should be explained to designers before they jump on them as a solution.

That's my view exactly. Some of the techniques are very good, but there's still nothing I'd want to use on a commercial site, where I think hackery should be kept to a minimum. Not to mention the extra development time - using css for layout is already pushing out the time required for html.

Which is why I was looking for resources on fonts and examples of nicely styled headings. I want to prove to the designers that it *can* be done, images not required! Thanks to everyone who responded - much appreciated.

We have a local internet industry social group here in Perth (http://www.port-80.net). Last night I heard that the next event will be a "designers vs developers" debate. Should be funny, although it could possibly end in violence :)

K.