Hi Justin!
Before you purchase the Bobby CD.
Check their own site for compliance, i think you will be surprised by the negative
results.
I was thinking of buying this same CD months ago, but considering their own site did
not pass their stringent testing I decided, "To heck with that!"

Regards, JG

--- Justin French <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday, March 6, 2004, at 11:28  AM, Martin Chapman wrote:

> Just a quick question regarding the Bobby accessibility site. I am
> currently working on a site to convert to standards/validation specs.
> However, 99% of the site is user/password protected. I get round W3C
> validating the protected pages with Firefox's Web Developer extension
> (Validate Local HTML option). However, how can I do the same with the
> Bobby site?
>
> I noticed they have a CD for purchase, would this allow me to do such
> a thing?

Depending on how many different pages/templates you need to validate
with Bobby, this may prove to be enough:

1. login, and visit one of the pages
2. View > Source on that page
3. Select All, Copy, and Paste into a new file
4. Save the file as plain HTML
5. Upload this file to a public web space somewhere
6. test accessibility with Bobby on that URL

Alternatively, copy/mirror the site to another server/directory, remove
the password restrictions, and validate that way.

Alternatively, *temporarily* change the way the site responds to
logins, so that you're using GET vars instead of POST, then supply
bobby with a URL that includes a temporary user:pass combo, so that you
can check the validity that way.

Really though, just pay attention to the way Bobby reacts to other
pages on the site, and make sure those problems are fixed on the
protected pages as well.  Same goes for WAG -- you can always manually
check the pages for validity.  After a while, building accessible pages
becomes an automatic part of what you do.

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au

Why Pay $35 for a .COM, .NET or .ORG Web Address? iDotz.Net offers Cool Domains @