On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 09:44 AM, Jeremy Flint wrote:

btw, Doug Bowman officially deprecated the Farhner Image Replacement at SXSW monday because of the inconsitencies it has with various screen readers.

I'm a big fans of Doug, and have always avoided FIR, but the word "officially" here seems incorrect.

He may have *publicly* deprecated (expressed disapproval of) FIR, but no one man can *officially* deprecate FIR -- it's just not within his power. My guess is that Doug never used the word "officially", and I'd love to see a transcript of his presentation to read about this in context.

My hope is that he not only deprecated (expressed disapproval of) FIR, but offered an alternative :)

--- Justin French http://indent.com.au