Hi all,

The WSG site was built very quickly when we first put the group together
(just over a year ago). It is very much overdue for a redesign. In the
spirit of group ownership, we thought it would be a good idea to open the
process up to all members. Here is our idea:

1. Any member can submit a flat graphic mockup design (based on a soon to be
published design brief). Members can submit as many entires as they want,
and can also do so anonymously if they prefer. We will set aside a four week
period for the design phase.

2. All submitted designs will be checked to make sure they meet the brief
(sounds more scary than it is). Designs that meet the brief will be placed
online within the members section of the WSG site for inspection.

3. Members will be asked to vote on their preferred choice of design.

4. The winning entry will become the new design for the WSG website.

5. I will then cut and build templates from the winning design. This part
will be transparent. I'll do this as a step by step process from the flat
graphic mockup to the final html/css template. I'll stop for 24 hours after
each step and members can comment on and debate about the methods used.
Within a short period of time we will have a finished template - designed
and built by the group - so to speak.

6. Peter (listdad) will then apply the new templates across the site, and we
will go live.

Does this sound good? Would there be any members interested in taking up the
design challenge?

What is that? You want incentive? How about the winner gets a free copy of
Web Standards Solutions by Dan Cederholm:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590593812/hivelogicwebl-20/103-61289
68-2011831

Rather flood the list with responses (for or against), please email us
directly at this stage. If there are enough positive responses we will
announce the commencement of the process to the list.

Get back to us with your opinion ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Russ