Mark Stanton wrote:

Well at least someone has found a use for it -
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/05/02/user-friendly-feeds

That's just the beginning ;)

XML is by far more powerful than what we see today. The bottleneck is the client software. I'm very anxious to see new technologies like XForms, XInclude and SVG (or XUL and XAML) in action.

XForms Institute: Tutorial 1: Introduction
<http://xformsinstitute.com/lesson1.php>

XInclude Tutorial
<http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XIncludeTutorial/Output/index.html>

An Introduction to Scalable Vector Graphics
<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/03/21/svg.html>

XUL Tutorial
<http://xulplanet.mozdev.org/tutorials/xultu/>

Longhorn Developer Center: Chapter 3: Controls and XAML (Introducing Longhorn for Developers)
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnintlong/html/longhornch03.asp>

Is this our future? Personally, I hope that open standards will be my friendly companions.

Tonico

--
Tonico Strasser ?:-)
http://Tonico.FreeZope.org