Peter Firminger wrote:
I still think that SVG is worth investigating though will be a steep
learning curve.

This one is pretty impressive, especially the relationships.
http://www.w3.org/2003/02/W3COrg.svg

SVG is just too damn hard too. There are two simple realities with the state of SVG today:
1. the player is enormous and is unlikely to achieve any form of ubiquity in the forseeable future
2. SVG cannot do what Flash can do

With regard to organisation charts the difference in Flash and SVG functionality is probably not relevant. But if you have to develop skill sets, seems to me like Flash is a far better tool to be concentrating efforts on.

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/