okay -  it now validates - hurrah!

Just to complicate it, I've got a three column layout working on the page called "search", which goes quite strange in Firefox.

Call for help!

gg

Craig Stump wrote:

There seems to be a few problems with the markup - might want to validate it
first.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://metropolis.muprivate.edu.au/index.p
hp?id=67

I notice you've got "."'s in you class names in the HTML - AFAIK this is not
valid.

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Greer Sent: Monday, 3 May 2004 5:04 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [WSG] help with ie vs the rest

Hi All

First - sorry I can't make it to the Melbourne meeting - just too busy.

Second - can anyone help me with some weirdness I'm seeing?

http://metropolis.muprivate.edu.au/index.php?id=67 has a page. It has CSS at
http://metropolis.muprivate.edu.au/fileadmin/metTempl/new.css .

Looking at it through IE, I get wrapping in the content block, but the main
block isn't centered. Looking at it in Firefox, the main block is centered,
but the text doesn't wrap.

In a word - Aaaarghhh. Can anyone help? I've run out of beer and
inspiration.

gg