Rev

I have a feeling ' won't work in IE for Windows. I've used ' everywhere with success.

HTH
James

Rev. Bob 'Bob' Crispen wrote:

The voices are telling me that [EMAIL PROTECTED] said on 5/17/2004 8:26 PM:

I can't find a way of escaping a single quote inside the attribute,

b ) declare an entity in an inline DTD declaration at the top of the
document to signify a single quote.
eg:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE html [
 <!ENTITY sq "&#039;">
]>

Excuse me for possibly subtracting from the sum of human knowledge, but I don't recall reading in the original problem statement that it had to be a *semantic* single quote, which means the entity &apos; would do just fine.

The DTDs for XHTML at the W3C refer to <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-special.ent> which includes &apos;

Perhaps somebody can tell me whether or not it's an urban legend (for once the Microsoft XML documentation is obscure) that putting on an XML header automatically gets you &apos; regardless of DTD?